Thursday, July 31, 2008

Quilt Festival - Long Beach Part A 07-30-08

I am still struggling with Picasa. I've set up web albums at least a dozen times before, but now I cannot get the Web Album to show on the Picasa list. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, here is Part A of the pictures I took of quilts at the Festival. Each image is preceded by the text that appeared with the quilt. Tomorrow I will work at Part B! But Liz will be here to get me going on Organizing, so I might not get to the computer until late evening.


Thur, July 31st - I did manage to put all the pictures on one album, so you can see them all at the URL directly above this note. Del

I went to Long Beach all three days of the Festival and had a great time. Sitting a booth for American Alliance of Quilts for two hours and another two hours at the Studio Art Quilt Associates booth was a great way to see people. I stayed in one place and they all strolled by! SAQA prohibited pictures in their galleries, but their exhibits were well received. Many people have told me it was their favorite part of the Festival. I do have pictures, which come from another source, of two of the "Sense of Place" quilts and I will post them tomorrow if I can. There were a few operating problems - not enough ticket sellers on Friday morning and no food after 11am on Friday and Saturday! There are lots of good restaurants nearby, but apparently they did not believe the Festival people who advised them there would be thousands of quilters. So, the wait for seating was long and the service rather slow. Maybe next year they will listen. And maybe next year more Festival goers will pre-order their tickets.

1 comment:

jpsam said...

What a treat for all of us who missed Long Beach! Thank you so much.
joan