Friday, August 1, 2008

The Cutting Table 08-01-08

I'm still moving things around in my house. When Liz and I cleared off my cutting table (which I haven't cut on for at least ten years), removing boxes, baskets, stacks of fabric and mysterious plastic bags, she told me I should take a picture of it, in case I never cleared it off again! So, I did.

My husband made this wonderful ash table top for me about thirty years ago. It sits on top of a dresser and a two-by-four 'structure' set back to back. It is the perfect height for me and I never get a backache when I am cutting on it. The suitcases no longer have a home, so I am trying to find space in a closet for them.

Within a few days we had moved all the quilts from the guest bed to the cutting table. All of these quilts will not fit on the shelves because of their width.
Here is a view of the shelves w/rolled quilts stored. The shelves are only forty-six inches wide and there is no way to make them wider. I'm still trying to think of a way to roll the large quilts and store them on shelves. Thinking, thinking, thinking!
I hope you were able to access and enjoy the pictures from Quilt Festival Long Beach for which I posted the Web Album URL on yesterday's blog. Let me know if you have trouble viewing it, Picasa seems to be experiencing some problems. If they would only stop making changes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: