Friday, August 8, 2008

Simple things 08-08-08

The only things I have to write about tonight are things that will surely only be exciting to me! The painter has completed the siding and the stucco and will start on the white trim tomorrow. There is LOTS of trim and, as you know, it takes longer because of the masking required. However, the grey color is perfect.
Jeff, the painter, asked me what color to paint the weather vane which is original to the house. Previously it was dark green to match the shutters, which will not be reinstalled. I told him a medium blue and left it to him. He chose this lovely pale sky blue - looks great against the blue California sky and I really like it. It will probably disappear when the sky is grey, but that's okay - I'll still like it. Notice the mourning dove on the roof peak over the garage, he was there when I went out and still there when I came back in - just coo-coo-cooooooing away.
Another REALLY exciting event was that I found my checkbook! With moving things around and putting things temporarily in boxes, it had just disappeared. I knew it had to be here because I don't ever carry it, it always stays at home. It was, of all places in a basket that I had filled with a small project that I might work on if I watched TV. But I haven't had the time or energy to do that for weeks until tonight when I thought I would watch the opening events of the Olympics. Out came the basket and there was the checkbook. I can only guess that it fell in accidentally when I put the basket in the office to get it out of the way while we were moving stuff. Simple things can be exciting!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I love the feeling- when I find something that has been misplaced!

meggie said...

I love that weather vane! Very nice colour.
I 'lose' things all the time. Mostly, it is the 'others' who take them & hide them, then return them to a place I have looked at a dozen times!

Christine Thresh said...

That color on the house is looking good and the blue on the weather vane is lovely.