Monday, August 4, 2008

Wonderful Card Art 08-04-08

Corky's parents and I hosted a group of quilt makers who Mary and I know from Empty Spools classes at Asilomar and who attended Quilt Festival - Long Beach. We went for an electric boat ride in the area of Los Alamitos Bay, followed by dinner. It was a lovely evening, no sweaters needed, and a delightful event. Of course, Corky had to stay home because dogs are not allowed in restaurants. But we were all together at his house before and after, so they were able to meet the famous Poodle Prince.
Susan Terry was one of the group and she sent me this great handmade thank you card with lovely calligraphy. I did not know that Susan is an author for C&T. She wrote "Card Art" which is available at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/5avdhe


And also "Fast Fun and Easy Christmas Stockings": http://tinyurl.com/6osp52
I've done a lot of fabric art cards, but mine were never as elegant as this one from Susan. It needs a frame so it can hang in my office. Thank you, Susan.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: