Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No excitement 09-30-08

I'm still working on digging out my house. How on earth did I collect so much junk? Now it is mostly papers which will have to be shredded. I think I will probably have the shredder some here so I won't have to schlep all these boxes to a brick and mortar place.

The yellow glow from the sun setting shines on the trees to the east of our house. Makes it look very much like autumn, but today it was 103.3F and tomorrow is supposed to be the same. After I took this picture I noticed the graffiti on the wall just below the Pyracantha (almost covered with berries). As you can see, we have had this problem before and sections of the wall were repainted. But it has been at least twenty years. I'll call the City Works department, but since it is on the wall surrounding the Patio Homes, I suspect they won't do anything about it. I thought that after they put in the wall closing off the dirt pathway along the cyclone fence that it would be so difficult to reach the taggers would leave it alone. Dreaming.

This fellow is becoming a regular. Almost every week day he comes in shorts and shirt carrying a towel. He removes his shirt and folds it nicely then lays face down on the towel with his legs spread open. Previously we have had girls sunbathing topless, druggies, couples making out, couples going all the way, and lots of people running their dogs. Seems as though they would recognize that people look out their windows now and then and they would be more circumspect. But I only call the police about the druggies. The rest is like a soap opera outside my windows.
Posted by Picasa

Today's excitement was a 7:30am appointment at the garage for regular servicing of the van. Not really all that exciting, but at least I got out of the house. The mechanic working on my van thought I was a little odd with my picture taking. He also said, "Looks lighter (in weight) when it is up there, doesn't it?" He's right.

By-the-way, my license plate is the same as my e-mail address, minus the "aol". When I am at a quilt show people know I am there before they even see my hat. I think it is fun.

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

You said, "I really do live a very boring, quiet life..."
But this can't be true. You LOOK at things that most of us would pass by without a thought. You capture them with your camera and share them. That is why I love reading your blog.

Patty ♣ said...

Christine is SO right!...I would want to read your blog even if I did not know you!!!!
(I recognize that garage!!!) Stay cool today Del! It is already hot here close to the beach!

Del said...

Thanks for the comments - both of you. I suppose the grass is always greener..... and all that. I will keep trying to post interesting things.