Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1Innovative+1Traditional Both beautiful 10-29-08

There were so many wonderful quilts at PIQF it would be impossible for me to choose a favorite. But there were two quilts I went back to visit several times.

To my eye this is a great whole cloth quilt design. I think the imagery is lyrical and the hand quilting amazing. I have not been able to contact the quilt maker and am posting this without her permission. If you know her please give my e-address.
"Whispers of Hope" Pat Durbin - Eureka, CA
I missed the sign on this one (too busy looking at it?) but I estimate it is about 58"W x 48"L.
A detail shot showing how the pink flowers are done.

And another detail shot of the stones at the lower right. There are real pebbles trapped under the illusion netting. But I could not decide what color the netting is. Looks like grey to me - maybe she dyed it.
I am still waiting for permission from some people. If I don't hear from them I will post the pictures and then remove them if they contact me and say "No, you can't post pictures of my quilt."

"Mosaic Picture Quilts" by Pat Durbin Publ by Martingale Dec 2007 http://www.patdurbin.com/


Posted by Picasa

No comments: