Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fog, Sunset, Xmas Trees 11-28-08

Friday morning was foggy, we could hardly see across the street. It is the most fog I have ever seen in LHC - somehow it doesn't seem right to have fog in the desert. But I suppose it is the moisture from the rain.

The view out the back was even more foggy. Eventually it burned off and the day was very nice with no wind.

By sunset it was almost clear, but the few clouds enhance the sunset.

After our traditional turkey sandwiches for lunch, Annabelle, Sherry and I had our crafty session to make ornaments. Jim's children/grandchildren, all in the Sacramento area, celebrate a family Christmas the first full weekend in December. Some years ago they started an ornament exchange, everyone must hand make their ornament, and somehow I became the inventor/teacher of ornaments for Annabelle and Sherry. Sometimes I use a pattern I find somewhere and sometimes I do something original. This year we made these little 4-1/2" yo yo trees from the Clover website. They are a little on the funky side, but that may be the fault of the stitchers! We made the yo yos the old fashioned way and did not use the Clover yo yo makers. I think the trees are charming with the alternating green and white layers resembling a green tree with snow covered branches.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

So FUN!
I love things handmade!
I am making snowmen....