Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Color Bowls #6" - Chocolates 02-21-09

Periodically I have been working on the Color Bowls quilt I started back in January. Since I missed the deadline for which I had started this piece I am just going with my own idea and limitations. This center portion of the quilt is about 12" square.
On the January 26 I had five bowls of various sizes and I was trying out backgrounds. I won't show you all of those I tried, this seemed to be the best of the lot - but sort of wimpy. Then I put the whole thing aside.

Earlier this month I started looking for a background again and decided on this one, which I sandwiched and quilted using variegated thread. The color in this picture is pretty accurate.
Color Bowls #1 was laid out symmetrically and I liked it a lot. So, I tried it on this one. I had to discard the largest of the bowls and make some more small ones so that I would have nine.
I tried a random layout and it is okay, but not fantastic!

This closeup shows good color on the bowls, but the background is way off and I can't seem to improve it. Maybe I should take pictures outside in the daylight - right?
Opinions on the layout are welcome.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

That background fabric is very interesting (whatever color it is).
Can't wait to see the whole color bowls quilt. Keep on trucking.