Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crow on a chain 02-24-09

I thought I had posted this photo of Corky and Tina at Discoveries Jewelry shop, but I can't find it in the archives. Tina owns and operates this lovely store, selling handmade jewelry and wonderful unusual handmade treasures. Corky likes to visit because she has treats for doggies and she insists that he can explore the shop off his lease. Tina is a dog lover!
Discoveries, 17350 17th St. #E, Tustin, CA 92780 714-544-6206

A month or so ago I bought this wonderful crow pin handmade by Gabrille Gould. I like it very much, but it is difficult for me to wear pins because of the type of clothes I wear and pins always get hooked up on the seat belt in the van.

I mentioned the problem to Tina who said the solution was to put a bail on the pin. I said go for it although I couldn't quite picture what she was explaining. "The bail has a sleeve that covers the pin," didn't register on my brain. Today I picked up the crow and now I understand what she meant. Clever - it doesn't slide around.

I did look at some earrings and other things, but managed to get out of the shop without adding anything to my jewelry box. Next time!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Patty ♣ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty ♣ said...

Oooooow! I Love the crow pin-necklace! I would've bought it too. The bail idea is quite good!!!

Christine Thresh said...

That crow pin-necklace is so neat. Lucky you.

meggie said...

That is such a distinctive crow! Great buy.

Of course, my favourite is Corky! What a love person Tina is, I would love to meet her.

June said...

Hey Del,

Nice doggie, nice friend, wonderful pin. I'm on my own Vista Premium laptop (which baffles me more often than not) so I'm back in circulation. And I think Google is allowing me, finally, to post to your blog. Not without difficulty, but then, all mod cons are not without difficulty. Anyway, hi, hi!