Friday, February 27, 2009

Gorgeous day 02-28-09

Lonely walker on access road along Hwy 101 near San Juan Bautista. The grass is green and the willows are putting out their yellow/green leaflets.
The cattle are out on the hillsides enjoying the grazing.
This field is the ultimate green, I think. It almost hurts my eyes.
Handsome fellow! One of San Juan Bautista's wandering roosters. Look at that iridescent tail! I didn't see any hens, they are probably all hiding from the dozens of roosters!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Del,
I love your road trips. The countryside is truly beautiful. And, those hens are smart gals!
Thanks again for sharing. Loretta

dee said...

Just beautiful. I'm living vicariously through your photos. My crocus is coming up and now we are getting 8 inches of snow tonight...sigh.

meggie said...

I find those photos of the countryside could have been taken in the North Island of New Zealand. It is almost identical, with the green grass, & rolling hills.
Love that huge rooster!