Sunday, February 15, 2009

Antique Quilts at Bowers Museum......... 02-14-09


Today I went to Bowers Museum in Santa Ana to see their current exhibit of antique quilts from their collection. They have some wonderful pieces, but the designs are somewhat limited. But I may be jaded after all these years. It is always interesting to see quilts with others who are not quilters and I am sometimes challenged by the questions they ask. Carol Bednar has heard me expound about all sorts of quilting things, but it is all new to Dick Bednar. Interestingly, Carol does not sew, but Dick does - not habitually, but when necessary. I think they both enjoyed the exhibit and the part of the "famous quilt makers" film we saw.
We visited the quilts after we had lunch at the museum's restaurant, Tangata - a delicious meal which we ended with an excellent creme brulee. No flash pictures allowed in the museum so I did not take any pictures, however you can see some taken by my friend Patty Mayer on her blog:
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

I love those antique quilts and have a small collection of quilts and tops. I just don't want to make them!