Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Empty Spools @ Asilomar 04-22-09

Each morning Pamela Allen gives us an assignment to do in a certain amount of time. For this one she gave everyone a little color print taken from an art book or magazine. We then had to use it in a composition, but with a time limit. You know me - Poky Del - it takes me 15 minutes just to figure out where to start. My piece is in the top left corner - w/the white chicken. I think the one below it, also with the white chicken, is much more successful. How clever to think of while eggs in a nest! The green piece in the top middle is just to fill in the hole.

This is Pamela critiquing some one's work. It is difficult to take a picture of her, because she hardly ever stands still long enough.

This is one of Pamela's sample pieces - about 13"W x 12"L

And here is Monday's sunset...... gorgeous.
I probably will not be able to blog again until Friday. It is just too difficult. I am missing my class now, lunch ended at 1:30p and they are all wondering where the heck I am. It is a great class and I'm enjoying it more today because the temp is about 68, instead of the 90+ we had on Sun, Mon, Tues. Hope this cool, foggy weather lasts the rest of the week.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Your white chicken piece is so good. Lots of fun. I love your fabric choices.

Patty ♣ said...

I like the fabrics you used Del.
I HAVE missed your Blogging, but you will have a lot to tell us soon. HAVE FUN! No stress! Love the picture of the sunset! I Hope I get to attend one of the sessions sometime. It sure looks like a wonderful time.

Corky said...

I somehow missed that sunset! Too busy cutting up fabric I guess.