Thursday, April 23, 2009

Empty Spools - Asilomar 04-23-09

Other quilters who have not been to Empty Spools frequently ask what it is like in the classrooms. It is usually a disaster! This is the small "Marlin" classroom and there are thirteen students and Pamela Allen. This image was before we really got into our projects. I'll have a worse one soon.

My table mate Lisa Yoder and I are working on our 'human figure' project. Lisa just made up a figure. I used a story from my life that occurred once when I was moving into Corky's house for a weekend or so and carried quite a few hats with me. Finished quilt and story later.
This is three days into the scrap pile. I brought a large (56Qt?) plastic box of scraps that Liz and I had dug out of my house. That is in addition to the equal box I gave to BCQG and the box I sent to a charity organization. Whatever is left from this pile will go to a quilt maker who lost her house and all her quilting supplies and fabrics in the San Diego fires last year.
I have some things to accomplish before dinner at 6pm. I'll try to post again tomorrow evening from Mary's. Wish you could all be here - how about a conference for quilters who blog? Now that the weather has cooled down it feels lovely and moist and cool - just as in the past 19 years I have been coming to the Empty Spools Conferences. There is still time to come this year - the final session is in August and there are some great teachers on the list. http://www.emptyspoolsseminars.com/
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meggie said...

There are just so many things to see & do out there! Interesting to see the compositions on the previous post.

Patty ♣ said...

I want to see the finished quilt Del! I think it will be very FUN!
Drive home safely!