Monday, June 22, 2009

Miscellaneous stuff 06-22-09


Yes, it is Corky, the Poodle Prince again. I haven't posted any pictures of him lately, so I thought some of you might enjoy this one. He is trying out a carpet sample that Holly Lester brought to Rayna's class for us to use as pads for screening or stamping. This was the last one and four times the size of the others. I asked her if I could take it to see if Corky would enjoy it on the tiled floor. I think sometimes his arthritis bothers him more when he lays on a cold floor. I have throw rugs and beds for him, but they are not always in exactly the right place - like the middle of the floor.


I think of this image as "Oklahoma Bodywork". Notice how they tore off a piece so the above window stop light would show. And there is that nice rear view opening so they can see what is behind them. Like a CHP officer ready to give them a "fix-it ticket".


Sometimes images appear on my camera that I don't have any idea where they came from. I can usually identify the inside of my purse or the ceiling of the car. But I don't own anything like this and can't remember sitting in a chair like this. Maybe in addition to computer gremlins there are digital camera gremlins. Odd, I think.


I have been trying to figure a time that I can go back to this restaurant (quite a nice one for breakfast - great muffins) to take a picture without the reflections. It is a window that is covered on the inside with either paint or film and then backed with wallboard (so it isn't seen from the inside). The sun hits it a large part of the day and the heat has shrunk whatever the black stuff is. If I could get an image w/o the reflections I think it would make an interesting screen. Especially the 'rooty' part on the bottom.

I thought some of you might be interested in this article from the New Yorker
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/tny/2009/05/jorge-colombo-iphone-cover.html
I will warn you that there is an embedded video ad for a car which isn't very long - just very annoying.

Does anyone have an idea why my blog won't show hyperlinks since I changed computers? They show if I compose on AOL but not when I compose on Firefox.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finding the window fascinating. Yep,Del, would be fantastic screen. I have some photoshop-altered shots similar that are great screens (also did a rubbing plate of one that will show up in my Quilting Arts mag #40 article, part II). Everytime I watch the opening stuff of "House" I want images/screens of many of those things, esp the fluid dye that runs down whatever veins/vessels those are.

Linda in Belgium

meggie said...

Dear little Corky. Sometimes I think they just like the new & the novel.