Friday, September 18, 2009

Fiber Postcards 09-17-09

Time to get serious about my postcard obligation - I joined an exchange group last spring and have not completed any of the "sets" I need to make. Mine will all be wildly different because I have not been able to make many at a time and by the time I get back to that particular set my mind and inspiration have moved on. I hope they won't mind. I don't feel I can show those until I actually send them out, so I am revisiting some from the past. All of these belong to someone else now.
"When the Shark Bites" 6" X 4" 2007 Owned by Mary Leakey of San Juan Bautista, CA

"Spring" 4" X 6" 2007

This is one of the least successful cards - perhaps because it started out as a larger work which didn't work. I don't think this works very well.

"Cactus Buds" 6" X 4" 2007


"Night Cactus" 6" X 4" 2007
This is the negative cut from "Cactus Buds" - two cards from one cut!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

Are those postquilts? What a brilliant idea! I've never seen any before and your post is triggering off all kinds of "possibilities, possibilities" in my mind. I was a little surprised that "Spring" is not so successful. I loved it!

Patty ♣ said...

LOVE them !!!! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Christine Thresh said...

Night Cactus is striking.

Loret said...

Wonderful...your work is delightful. I encourage you to do lots more!!!

Meggie said...

Those cards are all wonderful!! How talented you are.

June said...

I like the cactus pieces. Good luck on getting down to it. You have my example before you -- just a small project of an hour or two or a week or four.....