Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Anniversary Cake 09-12-09

This is the gorgeous cake from Carol and Dick's 40th Anniversary party on August 29th. Their sister-in-law made it... from scratch! I didn't know anyone made cakes from scratch these days. She did all the decorating, of course, and I learned that she took the design and color from the napkins. It was quite a large cake (in diameter) and I wonder where they found the charming cake stand to hold such a width. I didn't taste the cake because I had to leave before it was cut, but Carol said it was a white cake.

I am up prowling in the wee hours, much to Corky's disgust. And I realized I had written this blog post, but never posted it. Another of those 'senior moments', I suppose.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meggie said...

That really is a beautiful cake! I love the green & white, how pretty!

I have been having sleepless nights too. Wonder if it is the season changing? or in my case, the aches, in spite of a lovely new bed.

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

It's a lovely looking cake.

Actually I still bake cakes from "scratch". I made a 3 tier wedding cake (lemon yogurt pound cake) for some friends a few years ago AND survived. (grin). I just iced it and pt a little trim on the edges then it was decorated with a lovely assortment of fresh summer flowers from 2 other persons' gardens at the wedding location. Someone took pics of it for me. It was lovely