Sunday, November 22, 2009

Catch Up! 11-21-9=09

I think Corky went to sleep sitting up like this while we were driving a couple weeks ago!
I stayed with him last evening while his folks were out. I drove down with my laptop about 5pm with the intent of spending hours working on the Surfside newsletter. And I did accomplish some work on it. But "we" decided to drive over to California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) to pick up a Gorgonzola/pear pizza and half of a Bar-B-Q chopped chicken salad for dinner - my long time favorite 'take-out' meal. Corky loves to ride in the car almost more than I like to drive and while we are waiting for curbside delivery he hangs out the window staring at everyone and everything. Of course, the people have to coo to him and he eats it up. By the time Corky's parents returned and I drove home I was too tired to even set up the laptop. I fell into bed about 11:15pm, so this is last night's blog post.
I should have put in the URL for the Picasa album showing all the items on the live auction at Surfside's December Fest. It isn't just for members - anyone can come and spend their money on the auctions and enjoy the food we serve, along with our holiday spirits. I also have another item in the live auction - a red/white/blue table runner. Check them all out at: http://tinyurl.com/yzqlel7
Also, I don't have a recipe for the soup - I just make it up as I go, so it is different every time. But always tastes good to me. I use the carrots to make it a nice color - just butternut squash is such an insipid color.
The analgesic patches I use are labeled in Japanese, so I can't give you a brand. Google "analgesic patches" or "pain relieving patches" and you will find a number of different brands.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

dee said...

Your pizza sounds very yummy- thanks for the heads up on the pain patch. I was just telling my husband that I should probably look on Amazon. They have everything on that site somewhere.
The Prince looks very regal. We had a poodle when I was a teenager. That dog was so in love with the beach. As soon as I would get within a mile he'd stick his nose in the air and smell the water. Then it was total chaos. Now that I live nearly on the beach I think of him so often. He would have loved it here. Does the Prince like water? Someone told me it's because poodles were originally bred for hunting in the marsh. Don't know if that's true.