Thursday, November 26, 2009

Decisions, Decisions 11-25-09

It has been a very long, very tiring day and I need to rest. Now that the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter is ready to post in the morning, I will be able to give more of my feeble brain to getting to Portland and back in the next week or so. I am 99.9% sure that I will drive - I do love a Road Trip and am still chaffing that I wasn't able to go to Ohio last spring. Each time I have flown in recent years the experience gets more upsetting and stressful; I would just as soon avoid that.

Yesterday (11-24-09) I met Corky and his mommy at the vets office where Corky was having his every-three-weeks acupuncture treatment. Although they seem to do him a world of good, he tolerates them less each time we go. It does take two of us to hold him still so he doesn't knock out the needles before they do him any good. We went across the street for a Starbucks and a little visit and Sherry was explaining all she had to do before leaving this morning for Havasu. Way too much to do in less than 24 hours! I suggested, and she concurred that I take Corky for the rest of the day and return him in the evening. It worked great. When Corky and I arrived at my house about 11am I put out one of his beds in the office. He jumped in without hesitation, flipped his pillow over and rearranged it with one foot. Then he turned around a couple times, tucked his nose under his ear and went to sleep for the rest of the day. When 4pm rolled around he was bright-eyed and ready to go for his walk and eat his dinner. Then he went back to bed and pretty much slept until I took him home about 9pm. What a life!
This morning I had PTherapy on my shoulders and then ran some errands. I'm making too many errors in my typing - caused by sleepiness. So, I will go to bed. G'nite.

# # #

1 comment:

dee said...

I hope you are able to enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends Del. Blessings to you.