Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"It Doesn't Matter" quilts 01-26-10

The fourth Monday of the month the "Stashbuster/Philanthropic" all day workshops are held by the Surfside Quilters Guild at "A Time To Sew" in Laguna Hills. Each month features a different project for the guild's philanthropic efforts. Not being a very prolific quilt maker I was delighted to discover I could just work on "It Doesn't Matter" quilts, or any of the other projects offered during the year. Which will allow me to finish at least one quilt before April - I hope!

I seem incapable of working on any one project at a time, so have started working on six different sets of blocks for six different quilts. Keeps me from getting tired of any one set of fabrics. This is a different set than the one I showed on my post of 01-22-10.Here I've put them up on the design wall just to see what other colors I might add - I decided to throw in some yellow and some turquoise, so each block will include fabric in those colors. When the squares have 'grown' enough I will cut them into "I.D.M." blocks and discover what results when I sew them together.


Just a closer view. And YES, I do realize that 'it doesn't matter' means not picking specific fabrics, but at this point in my life I seem to need 'unplanned random". Yes, it is an oxymoron, but life is full of those that we don't even recognize. Actually, my life is pretty much 'unplanned random' all the time!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jpsam said...

The turquoise and yellow are just what I needed to see on this totally grey day with heavy fog.
joan

Meggie said...

Like you, I find my life is mostly unplanned random! haha.
I do find it hard to use violently clashing colours together, so I never use them. I need to 'loosen up'!
I like your colour choices here.

Rayna said...

Unplanned random makes life an adventure and quilts a surprise. Ditto my life - and certainly my quilts.