Thursday, January 28, 2010

Scenic Long Beach 01-28-10

When Corky and I went for our walk about 4:30pm the moon was well up in the east.

While the sun was just going down in the west.

This lovely soft color was nothing compared to the conflagration that came just a few short minutes later. But my camera battery 'was exhausted' and I didn't bring the charger! Maybe we will have more spectacular sunsets before the Poodle Parents return on Saturday.

Meanwhile, when I wasn't paying attention, the ornamental pears are suddenly blooming like crazy. It is an amazing climate in SCalifornia, isn't it?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have an amazing quilt in those sunset photos Del!

Hugz

Rayna said...

If those sunset photos were paintings, they would be trite. But since they are real, they are wonderful. You are an artist with the camera as well as with fabric!

June said...

haven't seen a sunset since Nevada. In fact, Wednesday was the first day since we got back in mid-December that I thought about my sunglasses -- can't remember where I put them because I haven't needed them:-)

But it's been relatively warm in Portland -- relative is, of course, relative. No pear trees blooming yet, but the witch hazel and the sweet box are both doing their thing. Some viburnum, too, which smells heavenly.

Thanks for showing us sun!