Saturday, January 30, 2010

Miscellaneous 01-30-10

Sometimes we all have selective vision - I know that I do. This image is basically ugly, but when I took it I saw the distant mountains, losing their fresh white snow covering very quickly since Wednesday when the weather warmed. I always clean up the pictures - show the very best I can get from them. But the all over images I take on the freeways are just - ugly!

Find a doggie? Yes, he is there, curled around his pillow, snoring away. Since he has lost his hearing he sometimes snores very loudly - I guess in the past he probably woke himself up, but now that he doesn't hear he just wakes me up! He is warm enough to not need his quilt which he pushes over the side.

"Pride goeth before a fall." was something my maternal grandmother liked to say. I have always been vain about my driving skills and auto knowledge, but I have now been put in my place. While I was at Corky's his mother arranged for their car wash guy to also wash my car, a lovely gift as he does a nice job. But when he put their BMW back in the garage he parked it so close to the walls that I couldn't use the regular door from the inside of the house. Opening the big door and walking around was not convenient, so I thought I would move the BMW (I could just manage to get the door open enough to squeeze my bulk into the driver's seat). I thought the "old fashioned" silver key was the one, but there is no keyhole in the dash! I had to call the Poodle Parents and ask for a driving lesson. The black rectangular gizmo is the actual key! It fits in a rectangular hole on the steering column and one pushes a button to start the vehicle. I did get it started, backed it out and re-parked it to allow access to the door into the house, but I was chagrined. Not to just jump in and vrooooooom! has taken my vanity down more than a notch or two. All these new fangled doodads - I guess I am just an old fashioned girl at heart.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

That thing is the key? I never would have figured it out.

Patty ♣ said...

I Knew Corky was there but I had to look really close!! He is a darling!
And you are right, the pictures never look as good as you hope they will if taken on the road! Yours are always interesting though..

Meggie said...

I would never have known about the key either!
Love the pic of little Poodle Prince sleeping so cozily. Did you make his lovely little quilt?

dee said...

The only reason I know about this is that my husband was offered this option recently and, being an engineer, he passed on it. He thinks he'll just wait for a few model years to go by and see how it goes. I do love me some BMW though-nothing like it for driving enjoyment.
Hope you're feeling better. I'm coming around slowly.

Rayna said...

I never would have known that was the key, either. Don't feel bad - you are far from the only one.
BTW - to me, that picture of the highway was not ugly. I love the industrial, gritty look --. Much more interesting to me than pretty, rolling hills. What can I say? That's just my NJ Turnpike heritage.

Loret said...

Tuesday morning,

Will I see you at Asilomar? I'll be there this year for Session IV. Trust you are well and locating whatever mechanism is necessary to open locks these days.

Del said...

Yes, I did make Corky's quilt for him. His G'mother made one for LBeach, so I figured he needed a "Nanny quilt" for my house. I'll have to send you some of my 'grittier' shots, maybe even some graffiti. I will be at Asilomar sessions III and IV, so I will see you there, Loret.