Saturday, March 20, 2010

Double Wedding Ring variation 03-20-10

Just one picture, but I may have overloaded Mary's satellite connection. Darn!


I was eager to see a photo of my project so I can think about it whilst driving tomorrow, so I took it out in the driveway to photograph. The trees gave a bit of dappled shade, but it is good enough for me to see what might be wrong. Sylvia and many of the class members really liked it, but it is a mite too busy for me. I think I will attack the light colored 'melons' and see if I can't find some that are not quite so patterned. Sylvia kept warning us about "eyes" and I can see a few pair staring out at me. Might try a little 'fabric modification" with markers or paint sticks. The flower centers would make great fish eyes! Everyone seems to experiment with making fish quilts - maybe I will do it too.
I'm off in the morning to drive I-5 home. Hope to get away before 9am, which will put me in the LABasin before the Sunday evening traffic gets too bad. I have been icing my left ankle and it is much better. I can walk without too much pain and will only have to stop for gas once and probably two pit stops. Everything is going to go smoothly. Don't worry!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

I don't see any "eyes" but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I can see what you mean about busy -- and agree that the piece might benefit from a "reads as solid" bit of fabric for a place to rest the eye.

Ouch! Hope your ankle behaves itself soon.