Sunday, June 27, 2010

B.J. Adams quilt from SAQA Auction '09 06-27-10

"A Predictable Attraction" B. J. Adams 2009 12" X 12" Purchased from SAQA online auction for 2009.
B.J. is another artist whose work I have admired for years - at least twenty, I think. I am especially taken with her alphabet series (see her website). This is a beautiful little quilt, both visually and technically, I am so happy to have it in the Collection.

Many of the parts on this work are three dimensional. I believe they are machine embroidered on net, cut out and then applied to the background.


Here you can see the net inside the flower outline. click to enlarge.

On this motif it almost looks like chain stitch, but I believe it is just that both the top and the bobbin threads can be seen since it was done on net.

The narrow border on the front appears to actually be a wide binding that is turned to the back.
http://www.bjadamsart.com/ http://bjadamsmallwork.blogspot.com/

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Just Lovely!! Glad you have this in your collection!