Friday, July 2, 2010

Lovely handwork - Nancy Ota 07-01-10

Isn't this lovely? This is the sample for Nancy Ota's Sashiko workshop - one she has taught at many different guilds and will present to students in her workshop for Surfside Quilters Guild in September. I wish I could take the workshop, handwork has always been my favorite type of needlework and I did hand "needle-turned" applique that I was quite vain about. But with my arthritic hands it just becomes too painful and I have to quit. Doing everything in about 20 minute 'snatches' doesn't appeal to me. I keep hoping I will find something to handle the pain, but I don't know that anything would ever improve the current clumsiness of my fingers.
Corky is with me for the July 4th weekend as he is every year while his parents go to Catalina. He will go home on Monday, but we may drive to LBeach just so we can walk where it isn't so hot. About 88F today here and perhaps 70F where his house is located on Marine Stadium.
# # #

No comments: