Sunday, October 10, 2010

Coastal Quilters QShow - Santa Barbara 10-10-10

Thanks to all for the nice messages - I think I am getting better. But I am just so tired from coughing. Guess I will have to see the doctor tomorrow.
Here are some more quilts from the Coastal Quilters QShow. I didn't take too many and discovered that Liz and I took pretty much the same pictures! I thought I might post some of hers, but will only have a couple more to put up tomorrow evening.

I love that she used Kaffe Fassett prints in this quilt. But I was sad to see that it is allover quilted which flattens not only the quilt, but also the block design. The judges liked it and gave it a blue ribbon, but there was no indication what the ribbon was for.



Very much in the tradition of the Day of the Dead and beautifully executed. Ranell got the colors exactly right.

I noticed that she shows the joints of her hip replacements covered with gold!


This is such a striking unique quilt that it attracted our attention instantly. The border especially sets off the center design and the echo quilting is perfect. Kristin teaches quilting at adult ed.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rayna said...

As you know, I missed you. So glad you are feeling better and are back! Thanks for the pictures of the quillts. Ranell's quilt is a standout! When I taught at Coastal Quilters a few years ago I was struck with how many talented people are in that group.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quilt show via your blog. Sorry to have missed this show, many talented contributers! Linda