Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coastal Quilters QShow - Santa Barbara 10-11-10

This are the last pictures from the QShow in Santa Barbara on 09-26-10




The "ghost flower" at center right adds a nice touch. The butterflies were purchased.


At this quilt show they did have 'white glove' ladies, but each quilt had a clothespin so that viewers could lift a corner to see the back of the quilt. Good idea. My only complaint was having to retouch the photos to eliminate the clothespins! Maybe clear clothespins??





This quilt was my favorite at the show. Besides being ginkgo leaves, it has the most interesting fabrics - reminds me of Ruth McDowell's eclectic fabric choices. I particularly admire the dark blue fabric with white lettering in the lower right corner.



I particularly admire this dark blue fabric with white lettering in the lower right corner of the quilt. I asked Susan if it was Arabic writing, but she doesn't know and doesn't remember where she purchased it. Great fabric.





I think this is a great quilt - colorful, precisely pieced and with a lot to see from a distance or close up. I especially like the cornerstones using International signal flags.



I hope the guy in the lower right corner isn't sinking!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I Love that Ginkgo Quilt! yes, those fabrics are interesting!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful and unique quilts from this show. Loretta

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

There were some great quilts and poignant stories among these exhibits. Thanks for sharing them.