Saturday, October 16, 2010

Views of PIQF 2010 10-16-10

I'm still feeling sorry for myself because I can't be at PIQF. I don't know how many years I have attended - all of them I imagine. But my friends who are there have been sending back images and I am sharing a few with you.
Gail must have known what the black and white fabric would do - create a sparkle in this quilt. She demos a quilt for anyone who comes to her Saturday event and they are all very special. I wish I lived closer so I could take classes with her, she has lots of ideas and makes great quilts.



Jan Hirth is another quilter/teacher who has a great eye for color and design. She used a Piece O' Cake pattern for this, but added her own unique touch. I may have shown this before when she showed it at Surfside Quilters Guild. But, that's okay, it is worth a second look ...or a third.... or...


Karen is also a quilter/teacher, and a writer, who has good quilting instincts. I'm always attracted to house quilts and this one has a special charm that only Karen could give it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I went to PIQF after an absence of 4 years and missed seeing you. It was a fantastic show and very crowded on Thursday.