Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looking Back - "Heart Strings 2" 02-01-11


"Heart Strings II"  Del Thomas  2005  12"W x 18" L
Commercial and hand-dyed cottons.  Cotton & cotton-poly threads.  Wonder Under, Cotton Batt
I desperately need to get back to quilt making.  It has been over a year since I have done anything more than two feet by two feet - and mostly less.  So, I thought I would revisit quilts that I have made in the past, quilts that I am happy to have made.  This one evolved from a group challenge.  It isn't the one that I made FOR the challenge, but it was inspired by that one.  I wrote an Emily Dickinson quote on the heart:
"All I know of Love... Is Love is all there is."
I still have this one, but with the TCQC to hang on my walls, I rarely hang any of my own quilts!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

DEL!!! ♥ I Love it! Love it!! Love this quilt!!!! YES! You do need to get back to making more quilts! Please! ...And it is on polka dots!! Made my morning!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I love your heart strings quilt. Thanks for sharing

Christine Thresh said...

What a wonderful, wonderful quilt. It is lovely. Inspiring.

Loretta said...

Spectacular!!! This is a very special quilt. Please, please start quilting again. Your imagination must be bursting with ideas!

Terry Grant said...

Now that is a joyful quilt!

June said...

What a good way to recharge. And I really like the back, too.