Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Lunch in the Garden, Again" 02-02-11

Here is another look back...

 
"Lunch in the Garden, Again"  Del Thomas  2004  25.75"W x 30.5"L
Commercial cotton fabrics, cotton batt.  Machine pieced background, raw edge applique, both machine and hand applique used.  Machine quilted.
The first "Lunch in the Garden" was a monthly mini for Beach Cities Quilters Guild and it was before I used a digital camera.  I will try to find a photo that I can scan, but I haven't a clue where the picture might be. 


 
I had been saving the fabric with the cats for years, waiting for an inspiration.  It came when my new neighbor moved in with his cats - I no longer have a birdbath, because the cats are always lurking.  It was difficult finding a fabric that looked like stone to use for the birdbath.  I already had the birds that are in the bath and adjusted the size of the quilt to fit them.  I haven't looked at this quilt for several years and now I think it needs more flowers!  Maybe I'll add some now.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

dee said...

That's really lovely Del. Just what we need to see on a day like today. There's an icicle on my house that's as tall as I am and bigger than my fist. I am praying for a sunny, bird bath type day to happen really soon. I can dream.

Rayna said...

Oh, this is beautiful - and it makes me smile.
Freezing rain here today - everything is a sheet of ice and I can't even contemplate going out. A glimps of spring on your quilt - but will it ever come???

Gerrie said...

Such a beautiful piece. I would love to join the birds for lunch.

Terry Grant said...

I don't think it needs anything! It is beautiful as it is. I love everything about it.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

That's the most creative watercolor quilt I've ever seen. LOVE IT!!