Saturday, March 5, 2011

Liz Williams' Quilt 03-05-11

Liz and I met at our usual Starbuck's in Brea.  We missed Corky who is with his parents this weekend, however, there were several handsome pooches, including a handsome chocolate Lab. 
But the best thing was this quilt that Liz just completed.  She claims I gave her the border fabric and she brought me the scraps - in a snack size Baggie! 


This is from Pearl P. Pereira's pattern "Herb Garden"  http://www.p3designs.com/
It is about 30"W x 36"L and is hand embroidered, hand quilted, machine pieced. 
Liz does her fantastic handwork at home and while she and her husband are traveling in their motor home. 
 
The names of the herbs are traced from the pattern template with fabric markers and they are perfect.  She does great work.  I love the stitches over the seams joining the blocks. 
Yesterday afternoon when I went out to do my errands I stopped at one of my "cheap" Arco stations for gas.  Immediate sticker shock - regular gas was $3.81 - I thought about looking elsewhere, but I had a nice circle route planned, so I filled my tank.  Today after I met Liz I drove past a couple Arco stations that also have cheaper gas.  However, today my very cheapest station was at $3.83, another Arco a few blocks away was $3.85.  By the time I leave for Empty Spools in a few weeks I imagine the price will be over $4/gal.  Sigh! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: