Friday, June 3, 2011

Home again! And Friday Feet. 06-03-11

I left Corky's house in Lake Havasu City about 5:30am.  Had thought I would get away before five, but there are all kinds of last minute chores to closing up the house when nobody will be there for weeks.  There is a checklist, but it needs to be updated since there is a new A/C unit.  Of course, I have only been out there once in two years and then I didn't have the responsibility of closing things down.  Now that my muscle condition is improved I hope to take more long drives - LHC and SJBautista are about the same length. 

 
These are TIRED Friday feet.  Couldn't use the cruise control much on the way home from Tehachapi where I had lunch with Mabel and met all of her family (some I have met previously).  There was a lot of road construction and a dippy, narrow roadway, so I had to keep my foot on the pedals.  Not a lot of traffic, even outbound to Las Vegas on I-15.  Guess the economy and the price of gas cuts into every one's fun.

I am going to bed now.  I have a bird watching date with Carol at 9am and will need to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed. 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Tired feet or not, you make me tired just reading about your travels and activities!!! Enjoy!! XX

Patty ♣ said...

My Goodness! Busy, Busy, Busy!! It is so good for you and inspiring to all! Get out and get going says Del's Blog!!!....Happy weekend!

Beverly said...

Glad you are home safe, Del. Thanks for sharing the trip with us.