Monday, August 15, 2011

Indian Creek Lodge - Douglas City, CA 08-15-11

Below are the fisherman and the fisherman watcher!  Jim is the only one of us who has the equipment and is eager to catch some trout.  So far he has only dabbled a little.  He visited a bait shop to learn what the fish are finding delectable at the moment and came back with some red net, red elasticized thread and a can of cheap oil pack tuna (phew!).  The guy at the bait shop had shown him how to make "tuna balls" and he enlisted my help since I sew.  Is there a connection?  When he went out casting, the tuna balls and two lures went to the collection at the bottom of the river.  We'll make some more on Wednesday morning when he is ready to fight the good fight again.
They were well doused with insect repellent - against the bees/wasps and the mosquitoes.
 
And here is the Poodle Prince, sitting in his bed on a table in the window of my room.  No need to point out that his parents departed stage left. 

And here he is in silhouette from inside the room.  The fence you can see across the parking lot is around the swimming pool.  And about twenty feet beyond that is Hwy 299 - the main route from Redding to  Weaverville. 
This flock of Canadian geese (about 16) came to graze on the lawn behind the motel this afternoon.  The Trinity River is just beyond the tan sandy area across the middle of the image.  I walked down there with Corky today and was really huffing and puffing.  I carried him because we fear that he will pick up a tick if he walks in the grass and underbrush. 

I have been doing work for Surfside Quilters Guild on my laptop, but hope to start a sewing project tomorrow.  I brought several, along with my sewing machine and other equipment.  I'll have to move Corky's bed off the table, or maybe just push him to the far edge.  He is used to having a window view to the outside at his house and at mine, so he is not happy that the windows here are too high for him to see what is happening outside.  There isn't much to see - the cars and trucks going by on the highway, a guest knitting near the pool  and, BIG excitement, the housecleaning lady come to do his parents room.   

I hope I have a bit more energy tomorrow, after driving for two days I am very tired.  Ah-h-h-h, to have the energy of a 20 year old!   Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

I have a smile on my face!!