Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mount Shasta City, CA - 08-19-11

I checked in yesterday for a two night stay at the Mount Shasta Resort - golf, tennis, day spa, elegant restaurant.  But what I have done is hole up in my "chalet" to rest, relax and work on the quilt project that I brought along.  . 
And it has been quiet and relaxing.  Just the wind whispering in the pines and occasional voices from the boats down on Lake Siskiyou - kayaks, fishing boats, "party" boats and even an occasional swimmer.

I ate my breakfast of tea, crackers, peanut butter and raspberry jelly out on the deck.  The jelly comes from Mary's daughter who lives in Washington state - she makes it every year and sometimes Mary takes pity on me and gifts me with a jar.  Soooo delicious.

Unfortunately, the wooden bar across the deck is exactly at my eye level, so I cannot see the lake while I am seated.  But the trees are enough - so majestic and beautiful.

This young Stellar's Jay came to visit, but I had no breakfast to share with him.

This is my "chalet" - each building has two suites - #110.  I didn't realize the porch light was on until I saw this picture on my laptop.  I'm surprised they don't have a sign on the switch asking guests to turn it off.

The deck is, of course, accessible from the inside of the unit, but stairs on the side also lead up to the deck where I worked some on my project - until it got too hot for me.

Since I had little food left I drove to town for an early dinner at Lily's where I have stopped many times in the past.  I like their food, though it is a bit on the pricey side, and I enjoy the pictures from local photographers that decorate the dining room.  Mt. Shasta had her head in the clouds, as she did when I drove in yesterday - hope she is out in the sunshine tomorrow when I leave here.

When I got in my car I had to laugh at the layers of Corky nose prints on the driver's side window.  He really had his nose to the glass when we were driving that "scary" road yesterday.  I'll have to get out the Windex before I hit the road in the morning.

I stopped at Reston's (in business for 40 years) to see if they might have some fabric markers to supplement those that the Poodle Parents found for me in Redding.  And they did!  There was a group of ladies in the classroom knitting and crocheting (it is the regular Friday crowd) and enjoyed a few minutes sewing chat with them.  There was another nice quilt shop in town when last I stopped, but it is gone now.  I also stocked up at the grocery store.
 
Not a spectacular sunset - rather subtle and pastel - but the silhouetted trees are just wonderful.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

This sounds delightful Del! I am so glad that you are having this time away! It is beautiful there.

Loretta said...

Thanks for the revisit! I spent 7/4/09 there with community parade and local festivities. A special spot on my way to Sisters! I'm enjoying your travels, again!