Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Indian Creek Lodge - Douglas City, CA 08-16-11

Regardless of the name, this place is a motel!  Not many guests this week, but there appear to be four employees - Curt at the front desk, this guy with a long grey ponytail, who was working on the grounds today, and two room cleaners.
   
There are seventeen rooms/suites - the Poodle Parents are in 17, I am in 16 and Corky splits his time between the two.  This view is to the east with the house next door in the background.
 
There is a nice area in the shade with tables and chairs - just west of the pool.  I'm thinking of taking a dip tomorrow when his mommy is here to watch Corky.  The gravel in the foreground is the parking area.

This view is to the west, but the first building is blocked from view.  The two story building is the office and (I presume) the manager's residence upstairs.

Corky spent a  lot of the day looking out the window, waiting for his parents to return.
Or sleeping on my bed which is covered by the very special Maxine quilt made for me by a loving friend.  It is the perfect travel size and rolls up neatly to fit in my "bed bag".  Corky lays on the floor at his house and at my house, but the carpet here doesn't look very clean, so I try to keep him up on the bed or the table.  He will definitely need a bath when he gets home. 

 
Today he had to share the bed with my sewing project.  The bright, patterned fabrics blend in with the quilt.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use and naturally brought more fabric than I need.  Better that than try to find a quilt shop these days.  Although I understand there is a nice one in Weaverville.  Might check that out tomorrow. 
Posted by Picasa








1 comment:

Nancy said...

Del,

I love that you bring a quilt with you to cover the bed. Not only is this practical (as most motels have grungy bedspreads)but it is fun and brings a bit of your home wherever you are going. I may snag this idea next time I travel!

Nancy