Saturday, November 26, 2011

Walking with Corky 11-26-11

As I said the other day for the last few years I have been taking Corky for his walk around vacant industrial buildings.  My favorite is the 1065 building.  I don't know how many suites are still occupied, there have never been signs on the outside of the building and we usually go on the weekend, so there aren't many cars in the lot. 






The distant building used to be a home decorating place, but it closed about two years ago. Lots of empty parking lot over there - I imagine the cars you see belong to people who parked to car pool.  That building abuts the 91 freeway, so it is easy on and off.


I don't know how to fix this picture to show the abundance of yellow leaves. You might click to enlarge.


This is the opposite side of the building.  The trees closest to the building all around are liquidambers.


Along the perimeter sidewalk are crape myrtles with their wonderful smooth bark.


 
Across the parking lot is the Anaheim Metro Station and beyond the tracks one of the ugliest apartment buildings for miles around.   It is only a few years old, but looks like a leftover from from distant era!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neat shots, Del. I really had to laugh at myself... Liquidamber is the genus name for Sweet gums...and even though I've grown them because of their great color all on one tree...I never thought of it as being "Liquid Amber" until I read your naming them liquidamber on your post!

I do cringe at the number of vacant buildings though...