Sunday, September 15, 2013

More on Flying Geese QGuild QShow 09-15-13

This morning I spent a couple hours at the Flying Geese Quilt Show, talking to visitors and greeting friends, some of whom I haven't seen for a long time.  That is one of the nicest things about quilt shows - besides the quilts - seeing friends.  I was there early because I wasn't sure how long the drive would take.  So, I took some pictures before anyone much arrived There are more images of the member's quilts, but I will have to post them tomorrow - and go to bed tonight.

 
A view of the TCQC "booth" from one back corner.  On the left you can see my comfortable chair - brought from her home by Linda Smith.  I wanted to put my stuff underneath, but it looked rather tacky.  I went to one of the venders and purchased a yard of a nice acidy green with white dots and three fat quarters ($1 each) and arranged a skirt.
 

A view from the other back corner shows the chair and the easel with sign.  In the center of the picture across the aisle you can see a few of the quilts in a special exhibit of antique quilts from the collection of Sandy Sutton. 
 
 
Sandy Sutton in front of the oldest quilt she was showing.  See the label below.
This is a wonderful hand printed indigo fabric which may have been bed or wall drapes before it was used in this quilt.
 
 

In the other direction from the TCQC booth I could see this vendor's booth and was intrigued by the cover.  At first I thought it was one large cover with the corners cut out, but when I moved the side I could see it is two covers with rounded corners.  A clever way to decrease the bulk at the corners of the table. 
 

This quilt really wowed me.  1588 tiny four-patches that must measure 2" square.

Great border and edge.

Heavily quilted with a arch in each square.  WOW!
 

Right across the aisle was this quilt with a very original layout.


More tomorrow - but not many!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carol said...

What fun to see some of your quilts, Del. I loved your descriptions. Soka was an interesting venue too!