Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday With Words 09-18-13

I stopped at a shopping strip the other day to return something to Petco - this is really a "strip" as it is sandwiched between the I-5 and the main north-south train tracks.  The stores are all lined up in a row with more than adequate parking.  One must take an odd route to get into the area, every vehicle comes in at a single entrance at the south end and there is no outlet to the north.  I have wondered if there were, so this time I drove all the way to the end and turned around in the deserted parking area surrounding a vacant store.  It was sort of spooky for SCalifornia.. 


There at the bottom of the slope from I-5 is this little pet cemetery tucked into a corner between the building and a cul-de-sac of the parking area.  Including the five crosses shown below, there are about twenty graves here.  I wonder if it has been a secret cemetery for a very long time, or if whoever uses it just has bad luck with their animals.
 

To the right of the gaudy graves shown above are these five plain crosses.  The white line behind them is a water pipe that is part of the freeway landscaping.
  
 
This guy must be the gate keeper.  He scurried out as I took the first image and stayed there until I put the car in gear.  Kinda small to do much actual guarding, but I'll bet he could tell some tales. 
Posted by Picasa