Sunday, September 15, 2013

TCQC at Flying Geese QGuild QShow 09-14-13

Two sets of these pictures are posted because I think Blogger will block the link on the first set I was able to post.  And maybe even the second.  They don't seem to have an answer for me and I guess I will have to try for some help on the "community board".  Meanwhile, I hope one of these sets of six images "sticks" so you can see them.
Today was day one of the two day QShow of Flying Geese QGuild at Soka University in Aliso Viejo.  It was another very hot day and when I came out of the building at 4pm it staggered me!  I had expected there to be a sea breeze from the Pacific two - three miles west, but not so much.
There were many viewers that stopped by my corner, some breezed through, some stayed and even read some labels, some stood around looking like they were in a daze and some came back again to look more closely.  After being on my feet so that I was on a level with the viewers, my hip would start aching and I would have to sit down for a short time, in a comfortable chair that Linda Smith (my "keeper and helper") brought from her house just so I could sit comfortably.  Sure makes me feel special.  I do love to share the quilts and selected as many quilts as I could fit in the space with labels (not pinned to the quilt) and showing a variety of styles, techniques and geographic origins.  
 
As viewers came in to the "booth" they could turn left and go around to their right to see the quilts on the seven panels  allotted to TCQC. 
 
Starting on the left, top-to-bottom;
"Sea Leaves" - Nancy Ota, "Cowville" - Lisa Yoder, "Fantastical Garden" - Gillian Moss, "Don't Piss Off The Fairies" - Ruth Powers, "Hot Water, Dead Sea" - Jenny Bowker, "Hollyhocks on Black & White" - Ruth B. McDowell.  

"Cross the Road" - Karen Cunegin, "Lunar Season" - Rebecca Rohrkaste.

"Not Even Solomon" - Ruth de Vos, "Copper Tree" - Joan Colvin.

"Middlesex Fells - Late Fall" (also known as "The Plaid Forest") - Ruth B. McDowell.

Top row across:
"Black Spruce I" - Ree Nancarrow, "Judith's Garden" - Terry Grant, "Quenching Rain" - Melody Johnson.  Bottom row across:  "Flowers Grow in Stony Places" - Karin Franzen, "Rooster at Freddy's" - Ruth B. McDowell,  "Allegro" - Carol Ann Waugh.

"Walks in the Woods" - Frieda Anderson.  Top: "Feather Study #19" - Carol Bryer Fallert,
Bottom (clockwise from top left):  "A Little Birdy Told Me" - Terri Stegmiller, "Aussie Birds" - Kirsten Duncan,  "Another Collector" - Diane M. Wright, "Steller's Jay" - Terry Grant.

"Red Gate" - Elizabeth Barton.  Top: "Durban Dreams" - Rosalie Dace.
Bottom: "Nature's Lace" - Lisa Jenni
 
Here is the sign they have put on an easel at the opening to the TCQC "gallery".  I knew which picture it would be, so I wore the same hat and scarf today, thinking that people would make the connection - some did. 
 
I will be going back to the show for the morning and then on to San Diego. Be sure to let me know if the pictures do not show. Thanks, Del
# # #

6 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

What a lovely exhibit! Thank you for sharing them with us in Cyberland.

Susan Turney said...

Wow, wow, wow! What an amazing collection! I would have loved to have seen it and would probably have spent the whole day there! So many of my favorite artists! I know your collection is extensive so it must be so fun to go through it and see them all while deciding which ones to exhibit. Those who visited are very lucky!

Dolores said...

Excellent show, Del!!

Loretta said...

What a wonderful collection of quilts. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to see several at a time! Good eye, Del! and I can see your photos just fine.

Suzanne Kistler said...

Ditto all of the above comments!