Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Autumn and Repairs 09-23-15

Lombardy Poplar - San Juan Bautista - Oct 2008
 
Autumn officially arrives sometime tonight, I believe.  With the heat we are having it is hard to believe that my favorite time of year is here.  Perhaps El Nino will bring early rains to put out the raging brush fires and give some relief to our dying landscape trees.  This wonderful Lombardy is gone now - a victim of the drought, I think. 
 
My car is in the shop for a new bumper from where some jerk backed into me when I was traveling last summer.  Something got joggled loose this summer and there is enough of a rattle to be irritating when on the highway.  Meanwhile I am driving a Ford Focus that is so low it makes me feel I am sitting on the pavement.  With the Dodge Caravan and then the Lexus RX I have become accustomed to sitting up high and feel at a disadvantage being so low.  But I have enough to do at home this week that I won't be driving much.
#   #   #   


No comments: