Sunday, September 20, 2015

Wen Redmond quilt in TCQC 09-20-15

I purchased this 12"X12" quilt made by Wen Redmond in 2013 at Visions Art Museum.  It is not a blue quilt, but I can't seem to take a picture that shows the true color which is white. It is made of a sheer fabric that has been tucked vertically.   There was no title on the quilt so I entitled it "Winter Window". 
 
"Winter Window"  Wen Redmond - original date unknown Purchased 2013
Machine pieced and quilted.
 
I believe this is printed on the sheer since Wen does use printing in her work.

You can see the ends of the black threads that Wen has left showing.

Here is the back, the same sheer fabric that is on the front.

And the label with web address.  I've added the title and the  purchase date.
 
09-21-15  Wen posted a comment to this blog, you can read it below.
It gives details about the techniques used. 
 
#   #   #


1 comment:

Wen said...

Thanks for posting my quilt!
It was specifically made for “interpretations in Black & White” a special Visions Exhibition opportunity!
I didn't name it as it was an experiment! I do love the name Winter Windows though! Windows feature in my work allot so we were on the same wave length!
This pieces was layered and pleated for vertical design. I played with the contrast of the white organza and black under fabric, reversing the 2 colors viva images.
The images were printed with thermal fax screens made from my photo's.
And I love loose threads. My new work is presented in 'sections' and tied back together with pearl cotton knots that have lots of loose threads.
I haven't done another work like this one. But it did lead to other discoveries! That is part of my passion!