Monday, May 14, 2018

Preparing for a road trip 05-14-18

Yes, I have that itchy foot again and am planning a trip up to Washington state to see my friends Mabel and Mac Huseby and maybe some friends in Portland on the way home.  I have driven up there dozens of times since I moved to California in 1957, but I always enjoy it.  This time I will go up on Hwy 395, because I haven't been that way for probably a decade, and drive home on I-5.  Of course, when I was in my twenties I could leave from my home here and be at my mother's house in 24 hours; 1000 miles almost exactly and stops only for gas, food, and potty.  But now I am much slower, although the roads are better, and I am allowing four days to Seattle!   I need to stop more often, not drive as far in a day, and never drive after dark.  We'll see how it works out.  I will be blogging along the way as I am able.  

KoKo will stay with his original "mommy" Nancy Ota and her husband Bud.  They seem to enjoy having a part time dog and are probably relieved when he comes home to me.   Before KoKo came to live here he visited many times when Nancy needed KoKo care, so she is returning the favor, I think. 

Highway 395 in the Owens Valley, CA.  A lonely road.

East slope of the Sierra along Highway 395 in the Owens Valley. 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Have a really fun and safe trip!! XX

Gerrie said...

Hope we get to see you in Portland! Have safe trip weather is perfect up here for the next week.