Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday Browsing 10-29-18

Years ago I was an active bird watcher, but allergies curtailed my outdoor time, so now I am just a casual bird watcher - a "peeper" as the Brits say.   Over the years I have kept track of the birds I see for the first time and in the past have always limited that to those that I can ID without the help of another person.   Bird ID books make that possible.  However, a bird watch with experienced birders is the way to learn to ID on one's own.   There is a California Bird page on Facebook that is really amazing where photographers post fabulous images and comments from others on the list help point out features that make birds individual.   There are some very serious birdwatchers on the list and some unbelievable photographers.  I think you can access it with 


Watch a bird take a bath:



Learning what birds visit your backyard - Central and Eastern USA:

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you for a very peaceful couple of minutes. Birding is a wonderful pass time and I've spent many, many hours in the field...I do spend time, using my scope and binoculars watching my backyard birds, eating, bathing, and just fluttering through the yard. Most comforting and very educational. I also watch Cornell Lab Cams, backyard feeders, osprey, hawks, owls and our wonderful Condors.

Carol said...

Love this post!