Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Too tired tonight 01-21-19

It has been a very long day, starting with the KoKo walk at 7am; then I delivered him to Dee, who will keep him until Tuesday morning.  Showered, stuffed some emergency things in a bag, and hit I-5 south about 10:45am.  I met friends for lunch at a new Japanese place in Laguna Hills, Sushi Ramen.  My poke bowl was a bit spicier than I usually have, but tasted wonderful.  After that I headed south again to stop at Crate & Barrel at the Carlsbad outlet mall, they don't have Marimekko fabric anymore, but I was curious what they are selling these days.  I was tempted, but didn't buy anything.  Then further south to find the Salvation Army location where tonight's meeting was to be held, followed by further miles to a Salvation Army donation place to drop off the big box of fabric and batting scraps.  Somewhere along the way I stopped for a latte to give my energy a boost.  Then I met friends at an interesting restaurant named Khan's Cave for dinner of mostly Chinese style food.  And the final stop was at the meeting of Canyon Quilters where Kathy Nida was the speaker.  I have been a member of this guild for several years, but rarely go because of the four hour round trip drive.  Kathy did a great program and I am glad I finally understand her method better.  I think it is too complex for my brain or my skills, but her work is quite amazing.  I left from the Salvation Army location at 9:10pm and arrived home at 10:50pm.  Moderate traffic and not so bad driving the route at night because I am very familiar with it.  No KoKo to keep me warm tonight and it is a little chilly - 43F, which isn't cold for most of you, but it is for this neck of the country.  

Do you see the red underline in the paragraph above?  What did I hit that did that?  Can't figure out how to remove it without typing the whole thing over again and I am too tired.  Sorry. 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't see a red underline.

I think Khan's Cave is a suggested alternative for a group that used to meet at the now-closed Spice House...but I won't be running into you there, as that's a Thursday lunch. ;-)

Loretta said...

No red line in my post! By magic, it's gone!