Friday, May 3, 2019

Empty Spools check out 05-03-19

Checking out this morning and have only the critique of our class yet to do.  I packed up my classroom stuff last night and have everything in my sleeping room ready to go into my car.  Guess I'd better have breakfast first.  It has been a good session and a wonderful class with Sue Benner.  Of course, doing a different (small) project every day has been a challenge and has left me with four more unfinished projects.  The students who are speedier than I have some projects pinned for quilting already.  But my goal is not finished, but what I learn in the class, even if I never finish any of the individual projects. 

I'll be with Mary in San Juan Bautista for another five days, until Thursday when I take down the quilts at Back Porch and head home.   To see my little roommate, missed him terribly.  

Here are my four projects.

Day One - Rectilinear with 5-1/2" x 4- 1/2" units
and at the lower left my cut/collage from day 3.  But I missed the cut part!

Day 2 - Curvilinear  This is the background with a few blue trees pinned up and all the blue fabrics that I dug out of my fused scraps and the fabric that I brought with me.   Just auditioning possibilities.  The trees will all be straight although I considered different possibilities, this is the one I find most pleasing.  About 22" long and 18" wide.

Day 4 - Landscape done with strips of fabric.  I used straight strips laid horizontally, but there was a variety of horizontal, vertical, curved, a combination of all of these.  Of course, it isn't finished.  I'll add more sky above and fix the blue hole in the middle.  Also more bushes .  The yellowish strip across the center represents grass growing along the edge of the highway and is fringed on top..   About 22"wide and may end up 26" long.  

  Now 7:45am and I gotta get going.  

#   #   # 

3 comments:

Karen Rips said...

Thise trees have real possibilities

Loretta said...

Wonderful work Del and what fun you've had. Your choice of fabrics is terrific....lots of movement, color, texture....fun and interesting to play with.

sonja said...

I like your day 4 landscape A lot! i also like make stratas/ landscapes myself using favorite scraps to create new views.
Sounds like you had a great class and stay. Lucky are the folk that get to view the Del Collection at the Front Porch!