Friday, May 3, 2019

End of session at Empty Spools 05-03-19

Seems like a long day today!  Getting everything out of the sleeping room and out of the classroom and into the car is a big deal for me these days.  With my bad hand and elbow and shoulder I am hard pressed.  But with help from Suzanne and Katie I made it.  My portable design board, designed and made by Mabel Huseby, makes the task so much easier.  Just leave all the project pieces pinned to the board, fold it up, close the Velcro fasteners, carry with included handle, and stuff it into the car.  Great.  

I drove the road that follows the bay all the way to the aquarium, stopped for a Starbuck's latte fix and had the car washed (on the outside only) because the windshield was so buggy I could hardly see out.  And with my hand/elbow/shoulder problem I can't reach up to wash the window myself.  Besides, the car always runs better when it is clean, doesn't it?  

I had a three hour nap when I got to Mary's and am ready for another eight hours!

Sue Benner explaining her quilting process.  She is a thorough and sharing teacher. 

My table mate Carole Pirruccello.  Her board is set up like mine and those of a number of other students.  Clockwise from top left: Rectilinear Composition, Curvilinear Composition, Landscape (hers with curved strips), and Cut Composition.    

The drive all along the bay from Asilomar Beach to the Aquarium is slow and gorgeous.  I try do to it several times while I am in Pacific Grove. 

#   #   #



1 comment:

Carol said...

Your photo of the bay looks like a painting!