Saturday, May 4, 2019

A day of complete rest 05-04-19

Yes, I stayed in bed most of the day!   And I feel 100% better.   Bless my hostess Mary for putting up with me.  But we have known each other for over twenty years and she understands my peculiarities.  I have crashed at her house before after having a marathon drive or a hard week at Empty Spools.  I did eventually get up, get dressed and have a late brunch.  Then an afternoon lie down to read turned into another nap!  Old body, old age, old brain.  

I have my design board propped up in the living room where we can look at it and kibitz on the present state of the designs.  Maybe Mary will let me work on her dining room table tomorrow.  I can see a few things that won't take long to change or complete.  All those rectilinear blocks need attention.  

Here is Sue Benner's class sample of that project.  She has trimmed and overlapped the blocks to minimize bulk, but I intend to just abut the blocks and zig-zag the joins before quilting the whole piece. 

Notice the cross hatched quilting over the entire quilt surface. 


And, as a refresher, here are my unfinished blocks loosely pinned to the design board.   
I did a more jagged cut than Sue, and everyone else, what was I thinking?

#   #   #


2 comments:

Carol said...

So glad you got a good rest and are feeling better. Bone-tired is not a good feeling!

Loretta said...

It was a good day to just do nothing but nap, read and nap. Your design board with squares is wonderful and I hope you don't alter them too much. Being jagged is just fine I think...you are you and don't follow the masses! Your whimsy comes through once more!