Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Still at Empty Spools 05-01-19

Too late to be up and on the laptop.  Had another hard working day in Sue Benner's class "Composition Quartet".  But I did have my annual massage with Heidi - HEAVEN!  And went out to dinner with Jeanne Mills and Gail Abeloe to Il Vecchio, a great Italian restaurant.  The carbonara is as wonderful as ever and we had cannoli for dessert.  Now it is time to hit the hay, as we used to say in the old days.  Maybe more tomorrow night.  I'll ask some ladies if I can post their work on this blog.  
#   #   #


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Just to let you know: this very morning I saw an ad (online) for the San Diego Botanic Garden which featured the remarkable flower you showed us a couple days ago--the tower from Chile with teal flowers and spike branches. They called it a sapphire tower and mentioned it is attractive to hummingbirds.

So apparently they can grow in southern California! Encinitas is more coastal than you, however, and therefore cooler. I can understand your desire to try for such a spectacular plant!