Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Yes, I am at Empty Spools at Asilomar, Pacfic Grove, CA 04-30-19

Apologies for not writing.  I have just been overwhelmed and sooooo tired.  This is my 28th year at Empty Spools and seems harder than any other year.  There are so many hills and stairs to climb.  Fortunately I have my favorite room #520 in Pirate's Den and my class is right across the drive at Merrill Hall.  So, other than going to meals I just have a short flat walk to get to class.   

Sue Benner is such a good teacher, but this must be her most difficult class because she presents a different fusing project on each of the four days.   I did not complete the first one, rectilinear composition, but put it away to start the 2nd day project, curvilinear composition.  In it we need to show background, mid ground, foreground.  I am as far as the background which will continue with trees in the mid ground and leaves in the foreground.  Hope I can pull it off tomorrow.  Too tired tonight to go back to work after the evening program.

I am suffering from a very sore wrist, elbow, torn rotator cuff, so wear different kinds of braces and try to use my left hand/arm.  I've discovered that I always put my left arm in my clothes first.  After all these years I have to start over again because if I put the left arm in first, I can't bend my right shoulder enough to get into the other arm.  Odd things one discovered with advancing age!  

Several people who read my blog have stopped me to say hello.  Always so good to meet those people out there keeping up with my life.  Thanks to each of you.  Leave a comment!

First day Project.   Actually color is brighter, but not too bright.  

Second day project.  Black fabric with white lines is upholstery fabric, light piece on left side is a sheer linen.  The stripy piece is not a tree trunk, but a background.

#   #   #





2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

It seems like just a few months ago that you were blogging about being at Asilomar -- I can hardly believe it's come around again so soon. I do notice that as I get older time seems to speed up. Take care of that arm!

Loretta said...

My goodness, Ms. Benner certainly has her students produce yummy things in just a day. Enjoy, enjoy and keep sharing.