Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday Food - Tomatoes! 09-27-19

I dedicate this blog post to my friend Carol Bednar who gave me 2 homegrown tomatoes yesterday.   My neighbor across the street usually has buckets of excess tomatoes, but he hasn't offered me any this year.  And I just don't buy store tomatoes because they don't taste like tomatoes.  Actually, they just don't seem to have any flavor at all.  

This morning I had one of the tomatoes with just a drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.  Divine!  


Oh, my goodness it was so good.  I almost ate the other tomato, but decided to save it for tomorrow so that I can anticipate the flavor for 24 hours. 

I used to always grown tomatoes, but then I started traveling and it seemed that I was out-of-town when the crop was ripe, so I just stopped planting them  Maybe next February I will plant one or two.  One year when the weather was fine I had a plant in a cage that gave fruit for eighteen months!  It was amazing, but it was on a drip line and I guess the climate was just favorable during that time.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

So happy you enjoyed them!