Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Still practicing my sewing skills 09-25-19

I'm not sure where these blocks came from, although I think I may have sewed them together.  I do recognize many of the fabrics.  But I had a group of ladies that met at my house once a month for quite a few years.  We called it QFO or Quilts for Others and we made quilts to donate to Ronald McDonald House and other places that could put them in the hands of those who needed them.  I did almost all the cutting and "kitting" so maybe some of the other ladies sewed these blocks.  
They have to be twenty years old and have been hiding in a drawer, waiting for me to do something with them.  Now that they have come up for air, I am cutting 2" red sashing strips which go with the red square in the middle of each block.  I haven't figured out how many I need, but a LOT.  Eventually I will sit down and do a diagram and figure it all out.  But at least I am doing SOMETHING. 

25 patch blocks with red centers.

A stack of 2" red strips for sashing. 

Thank you to Sharon, Cheryl, Beth, Anne, Loretta, Heidi, and Mary Ann for posting a comment.  It really helps me keep going.  Del

#   #   #






















































1 comment:

Three Doggie Mama said...

Del - I still read your blog - see what you are adding to your wonderful collections, and delightful activities of a retire gal. Thank you for sharing.